Interested applicants can fill out an application, found below at bottom of page. Applications need to be submitted with a cover letter. Please return letter and application to:
Brewster Recreation Department
2298 Main St
Brewster, MA 02631
Available positions will be posted here by March 1. Please continue to check here or call our office for more information.
Available Positions (updated 2/8) - See job descriptions below.
- Sailing Instructor
- Summer Rec Counselor
35 – 40 Hours/Week
$11.00 - $14.00/hour
JOB SUMMARY: A position which requires professional and organized instruction for a recreational sailing program.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Report to Sailing Director
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
A Sailing Instructor will help instruct lessons for a seasonal recreational summer sailing program for ages 8+. This job involves a high degree of contact with both adults and children in a service, consulting, and disciplinarian format as well as on a personal level. It should be a goal for the Sailing Instructor to be a role model for the sailing Youth Leaders and program participants.
Learn and implement the curriculum for a seven week summer sailing program and have a general knowledge of boat and equipment maintenance.
Prior experience with working as a coach / instructor in a sailing program is required. Experience with the racing rules and racing on variety of sailboats at variety of competition levels is preferred. A working knowledge of outboard engines, rigging and fiberglass repair, and general boat maintenance is helpful but not necessary. Must posses excellent communication, organization, and mediation skills. Individuals should be enthusiastic, diplomatic, flexible, trustworthy, self-motivated, creative, and able to take the initiative and follow through. Must have current First Aid and CPR certifications.
20-25 Hours Weekly
RESPONSIBLE TO: Recreation Director
SUPERVISED BY: Playground Director & Asst. Playground Director for daily activities and overall job performance
RESPONSIBILITIES: Implement the daily lesson of the Playground Program under the guidance and direction of the Playground Director, communication with students and assure safety at all times. Assure adherence with established goals and objectives.
* Be aware of your enormous influence on the students in you’re in charge of and strive to model the highest ethical and moral conduct.
* Responsible for the children’s safety, participation and overall enjoyment of the programs.
* Take an active role in the prevention of drug, alcohol and tobacco use.
* Assist all students to develop to their full potential.
* Maintain a high level of safety and structure within the program.
* Maintain an accountability system for equipment and supplies.
* Complete incident/accident reports in the First Aid Log and immediately report such occurrences to Recreation Director.
* Build and maintain students spirits and morale..
* Report physical facility hazards in a timely manner to Playground Director
* Assist the Recreation Director in all other duties assigned.
1+ years working with children. Specialized skills in special events, arts & crafts, sports, games and working with school aged youth.
Moderate physical effort required for work performed in the field. Required to spend several hours standing, walking, reaching arms and lifting under 50lbs.